Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Allowing Your Heart and Spirit to Guide You

The other day I came across this blog post from my good friend Lorraine Cohen. I would like to share it with you:


"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- Whoo Hoo-- What a Ride!" Attributed to Bill McKenna, Anonymous and in a Nissan ad.

Two years ago I made a deliberate decision to listen more closely to what my heart was encouraging me to do. Over the years, listening to and following my instincts has been a muscle that has become stronger and easier to recognize. It takes practice and testing the results to deepen that trust. Each time I have felt a strong pull to do something that "just felt so right" and taken an action to move in the direction of what is calling me forward, things have really flowed in my business and personal life.

Some people call it listening to their inner guidance or spirit, hearing God, following their gut, and trusting their "knowing". When I really listen and trust, the answer comes with such peacefulness. I find myself saying, "I just know what I know. It feels right." There's no confusion or internal conflict. It's easy.

Combining instinct, intuition, and skills with strategy produces amazing results called FLOW!

How often do you override your instincts because you are afraid to trust yourself? Any regrets?

How often do you listen to your heart's calling even when it makes no logical sense?

How often do you allow the opinions of others to sway you from what feels right for you?

It takes time to develop this muscle! I recommend the practice of being present. Notice what you are thinking and feeling, mentally, emotionally, physically. Your body has an amazing intelligence and is communicating all the time- when you're feeling stressed, when rest or food is needed, and when something feels right or wrong. The key is slowing down and stopping long enough to be still and quiet so you can hear!

If your business or life isn't going the way you want, paying attention to the ways you’re in conflict with yourself is a good place to begin making some changes. Weariness and stress heightens confusion and negative self-talk which makes it harder to hear over all that mental noise! Commit to practices and experiences that invite self-reflection so that you can move with the flow rather than against it.

Look for opportunities to test what you feel guided to do. While the outcome you expect or desire might be different initially, be open to see the gifts the experience brings that might ultimately bring you what you really want.

It's a journey that is well worth the ride!

**************************************************************************

Copyright © 2009. Lorraine Cohen.


Join Lorraine Cohen and co-host Anita Pathik Law for two powerfull Free teleseminars with their illustrious panel to discuss having, "The Courage To Live Your Destiny". I'll be there too.

Calls take place on Tuesday and Thursday, 8/11 & 8/13. 7-8:30 pm EST/4-5:30 pm PST. Register for the private number and download: http://www.profcs.com/app/?Clk=3183926


No comments: