Monday, February 23, 2009

The Goal


Greatest Goal II
Originally uploaded by scottwills
The Goal

Before we deliver or even begin crafting our speech there is that one thing to consider that could make all the difference. What is the goal of the speech? Is it to inform, persuade or simply narrate a story? Make your goal as specific as possible. Before giving any speech, presentation or workshop I write out the goal, call it statement of purpose if you will in a single sentence. For e.g I want to inform the audience about the latest features of product XXX or I want to motivate my audience to take action XXX
It is only after I have set a clear goal do I research data and structure my speech. Needless to say without a clear goal, a speech may end up as a rambling account of loose facts leaving the audience confused.

No comments: